Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1

So this being my 1st day back on the bandwagon, I have tracked everything. Since I work shift work at a hospital, my eating hours are quite different from everyone else.

Daily Total 29
No Breakfast
No Lunch
Dinner: Spaghetti w/Marinara Sauce and Italian Sausage and a side salad with Ranch Dressing Total Points: 15 pts.
Snack: Cheese Stick: 1 pt.
Dessert: Raspberry Haagen Dazs Sorbet: 2 pts.
I also snuck in 3 chocolate chip cookies that our new Primary Presidency brought over yesterday...just glad that they are gone now!: 6pts.

I had 5pts left over for today, but I don't usually leave any points. This is what happens when you plan to work all night and a meal at midnight, but get put on call all night...frustrating!

I think that I have also found an exercise that I LOVE. A new "blog buddy" encouraged me to find an exercise that I really enjoy to keep me moving. Well, I love to dance. I have been dancing since I was 4 or 5. I have done everything from tap to jazz to lyrical to clogging and hip hop. For the past few years I have been choreographing routines for one of the local spirit lines in town and was just invited to choreograph for our communities Annual National Dance Day Showcase. My good friend from HS is putting the whole thing together and asked if I wanted to teach a class. I love making up routines with my sister (have been doing it for years, literally since we were like 5 and 7 years old) so I told her YES! What better way to get moving and doing something that I love for my wonderful community. I am also planning on taking an adult hip hop class in the Fall at the local dance studio.

So, I feel like I am headed in the right direction. Day 1 almost down! I can only take it one day at a time, but with this blog and my great support system here at home, I know that I can do it! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Yaay Erica!!! Feeling excited about the weight loss journey is half the battle in my opinion. Then when the weight starts coming off the excitement gets even better and better!!!! Just keep with your tracking. When I went onto Medifast it was extremely eye opening to me just how much food I was picking at and not reallizing it. Especially being a stay at home mom and preparing all the kids meals and then cleaning up. The cleaning up consisted of "mom is a garbage disposal". Thats why I say to make sure to track everything. I think at the end of the day I probably was eating 5 points or more by picking and not counting....then I would wonder why it wasnt working duh...

    The music thing is funny because it turned on and I could not figure out for the life of me why media player or ITunes wasnt on the screen for me to look at it.. haha. Then it hit me...maybe this girl listens to my workout music too!!! hehe. Do you think you could possibly tell me the artists and songs you have on here? I know most of them but there are afew I am unsure of. I love them and want to add them to my Ipod. Its the best thing ever to find good workout music!! Its part of the whole finding an exercise you love thing. Good music makes a world of difference.

    The dancing sounds so fun! Good for you. I started zumba back about 50 lbs ago and I have been hooked ever since. I LOVE it!!! Ever try it? It might be right up your alley if you love dance. All teachers are different though so you have to find one that suits your style. I go to 3 different instructors. I love it and feel it is a huge help in my loss. They say you burn 500-1000 calories an hour!!!

    Take your journey one day at a time. You can do it!!!!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete